New Mexico Procurement Reform
Governor Martinez Creates “Task Force on Procurement Reform” To Review Regulations and Legislation to Ensure an Open and Fair Procurement Process in New Mexico (EO-2011-031)
General Services Department Cabinet Secretary Ed Burckle will serve as chairman of the Governor’s Task Force on Procurement Reform. The mission of the Procurement Reform Task group is to:
- Study the State Procurement Code,
- Identify issues associated with the procurement process and
- Work toward needed improvements or corrections.
The goal will be to streamline the procurement process across all state agencies, improving accountability and transparency in an effort to help state government operate at maximum efficiency.
The objectives of the task force are to:
- Streamline and simplify the procurement process
- Re-engineer procurement process and incorporate process improvements
- Review and update procurement code as appropriate
- Increase transparency of procurement processes
- Automate processes and eliminate unnecessary paper processing
- Increase Reporting Data Accuracy
- Validate appropriate use of Emergency and Sole Source Procurements
- Ensure Fair, Open and consistent procurement process throughout State